The investor doing business offshore should review their affairs and implement a strategy to deal with local tax regulations and cross-border incidence.
FARCOVE law maintains a network of professionals who advise on international and local tax matters. They are able to assist on onshore and offshore tax planning and provide legal advice on tax structures based on home country rules and international tax treaties. They are ready to provide investigations support during tax audit, as well as advise on available taxpayer remedies.
The tax attorneys in our network specialise in setting up tax-efficient structures. They help clients take advantage of readily available tax reliefs, exemption and other incentives. They typically render the following services to clients:
- Jurisdiction advisory on various direct and indirect taxes, duties, property taxes, consumption taxes and other "tax like" charges
- Application for income tax clearance and tax incentive certificates
- Multi-jurisdictional tax review
- Tax compliance advisory, including impact and gap assessments
- Advisory on tax issues concerning the digital economy
- Cross border and domestic transactional analyses
- High-level and deep-dive transfer pricing analyses
- Transfer pricing documentation with support on economic and statistical analyses
- Tax advisory on corporate restructuring (reorganisations, mergers and acquisitions, demerger, spin-offs and liquidations)
- Redomiciliation of companies and migration of trusts
- Advisory on tax treaties and agreements on exchange of information, mutual assistance and cooperation between tax authorities
- Tax study on issues concerning investments, private equity, and change of control dynamics
- Tax structuring of intellectual property and other intangible assets
- Advisory on management and control issues and fortification of tax residence positions
- Review of group structures and impact analysis relating to international tax reform initiatives such as Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) project, aggressive tax planning and tax transparency
FARCOVE law has correspondent relationships with international law firms with whom we work closely when it comes to cross border fiscal matters.